Man tries to sell bar; man decides to close bar; regulars rescue bar and give it new life. So goes the elevator pitch of the Old Vines Wine Bar story, whose next happy chapter begins with today's anticipated grand reopening.
New owners Jon Ellms and Rick Taranto, who split their time between Massachusetts and Kennebunk, have updated the bar's look and menu while retaining much of the staff, including chef Peter Croce and bartenders Janai Schaefer and Charley Zimmerman. Former owner Mike Farrell even consulted during the transition. General Manager James Warwick comes to the bar from nearby Striper's. See some pictures from a Friends and Family Night on the company's Facebook page.
173 Port Road, Kennebunk, Maine 04043(207) 967-2310Visit Website
- VIA: Old Vines Wine Bar in Kennebunk reopens Wednesday [EME], All Old Vines Wine Bar Coverage [EME], The Most Anticipated Maine Restaurant Openings, Spring 2015 Edition [EME]
MORE FROM EATER MAINE
- Game on: New OTTO Pizza in South Portland has Indoor Bocce Court
- What's Your Favorite Meal of 2014? Bon Appétit Loves on Palace Diner's Tuna Sandwich
- Home Catering Co. Finds a Home in Former Miyake Diner Space
- SoPo Bar and Grill Opened its Deli for Truncated Hours Yesterday; the Menu is Here
- Critic James Schwartz Fears Street and Co. has Lost That Loving Feeling After 25 Years
- How Restaurants Become Real: The Velveteen Habit